Careers at The Alex
The story of The Alex is the story of its people.
Compassion, understanding, adaptability and commitment. These are the gifts of the people who work on the front lines at the Alex. They draw their inspiration from the people they see before them each day. We are a passionate group with deep expertise.
Our dedicated multi-disciplinary team of almost 400 staff includes medical staff, social workers, mental health specialists, peer supporters, educators, community facilitators, and an outstanding support team. As a team we know it takes the combination of our unique skills and expertise to make a difference.
We encourage you to click on the button below to see our current career opportunities!
We envision and promote a community that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We strive to create a working environment that is grounded in acceptance, belonging and respect. We wholeheartedly commit to fair practices and promotion of equal opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, advancement, benefits, compensation, and off-boarding without discrimination. We align with AB Human Rights protected grounds and welcome people of all race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, and sexual orientation to apply and become part of our team.
We would like to acknowledge the traditional territories and oral practices of the Blackfoot Nations, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. We also acknowledge the Tsuut’ina and Stoney Nakoda First Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan: health, dental, life insurance, AD&D, Critical illness, short and long term disability coverage.
- Paid Time Off: 3 weeks vacation, wellness and personal days off
- Group Retirement Savings Plan. The Alex will match up to 5% of your annual base salary.
- Professional Designation, License and Membership fee reimbursement.
- Learning and Development. We invest in our employees with cutting edge training programs, time off for training and an annual professional development allowance.
- Health and Wellness Benefit. $300 annual amount towards activities or items that support mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Service Award Program. Starting with an Alex t-shirt on day one, we show our team members how much we appreciate their service and dedication, and at regular intervals thereafter.