Youth Health Centre
The Youth Health Centre is a safe and supportive place for youth ages 12-24 to get health and social care from a trustworthy and caring team of doctors, nurses and social workers.
An open door and an open ear.
Oki, Boozhoo, Tansi, Danit’ada, Aba’wathtech, Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Namaste, Ciao, Hallo, Aloha!
We are here to listen and to help you achieve your goals! If you need judgement-free, dignified medical support, job training, counselling, or parenting help, our Health Centre and Drop-In Centre are here for you.
What we offer
- Medical care
- Harm reduction supplies + support
- Justice navigation
- Mental health supports (ages 16+)
- Sexual health supports (STI testing and treatment, pregnancy testing/options, and contraception options)
- Pharmacy services
- Basic needs support + case management
- Variety of groups (closed and open)
- LGBTQ2S+ supports
- Prenatal and parenting programs
- ID document support
Same day counselling
- Same day counselling appointments are on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you can, please call ahead, but we will take walk-ins.
- Same day counselling is for youth who need immediate mental health support.
- If you need more than one session, we also offer longer-term counselling. Contact us to do a brief intake, and after that you can see a counsellor for up to 12 free sessions.
Youth Health Centre
Accessible through Calgary Transit Blue Line LRT – Franklin Station
Youth Drop-In Space
We are currently operating on a come-and-go basis, with no hanging out, and no hot meals served (sorry!) COVID screening is in effect. Max 20 people at a time.
Our social workers are available from 10:00am – 1:00pm, Monday – Friday for one-on-one visits.
Are you working with a youth aged 12-24 who could benefit from case management at The Alex? Please fill out the form below. For agencies only, please no individual or self-referrals.
If you are youth looking for Case Management services please drop in to see a social worker Monday through Friday between 2 and 5pm.