Youth Health CentreFor youth aged 12-24
I can be here with my family, here with my baby.
I can enjoy life a little bit more – thanks to the Alex.
An open door and an open ear.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a safe and supportive space for youth to address their needs with the help of our caring and trust-inspiring team. We invite youth aged 12-24 from all backgrounds into our friendly, relaxed atmosphere to access a variety of free services on a drop-in basis.
Upholding the principles of non-judgment, compassion, and confidentiality, we guide youth in the process of reclaiming their lives, working through challenges, and cultivating healthy and successful futures.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a number of supports and services including:
- family physicians and medical resources
- basic necessities (i.e. food, hygiene items, condoms)
- community kitchen
- on-site high school
- computer access and resume writing/job search support
- harm/risk reduction materials
- substance use groups
- pregnancy testing
- parenting support
- anonymous STI testing
- referrals to community resources
- outreach services such as client visits for one-on-one support, court support, accompaniment to other social services, and assistance securing ID documents
Special Programs at The Alex Youth Health Centre
unique clients in 2015
of clients do not have a place to call home
pieces of ID provided
identify as Indigenous
#205 1217 Centre St NW
Calgary AB T2E 2R3
CRA# 13282 4905 RR0001