Youth Health CentreFor youth aged 12-24
I can be here with my family, here with my baby.
I can enjoy life a little bit more – thanks to the Alex.
An open door and an open ear.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a safe and supportive space for youth to address their needs with the help of our caring and trust-inspiring team. We invite youth aged 12-24 from all backgrounds into our friendly, relaxed atmosphere to access a variety of free services on a drop-in basis.
Upholding the principles of non-judgment, compassion, and confidentiality, we guide youth in the process of reclaiming their lives, working through challenges, and cultivating healthy and successful futures.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a number of supports and services including:
- family physicians and medical resources
- basic necessities (i.e. food, hygiene items, condoms)
- community kitchen
- on-site high school
- computer access and resume writing/job search support
- harm/risk reduction materials
- substance use groups
- pregnancy testing
- parenting support
- anonymous STI testing
- referrals to community resources
- outreach services such as client visits for one-on-one support, court support, accompaniment to other social services, and assistance securing ID documents
Meet Michael, Samuel and Jessica – three incredible YHC clients!
Special Programs at The Alex Youth Health Centre
unique clients in 2016
of YHC clients do not have a place to call home
pieces of ID provided