Since 2008, The Alex Youth Health Centre has been making a difference in the lives of Calgary’s youth.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a safe and supportive space for youth to address their needs with the help of our caring and trust-inspiring team of interdisciplinary professionals. We invite youth aged 12-24 from all variety of backgrounds into our friendly, relaxed atmosphere to access a variety of free services on a drop-in basis. Upholding the principles of non-judgment, compassion, and confidentiality, we guide youth in the process of reclaiming their lives, working through challenges, and cultivating healthy and successful futures.
The Alex Youth Health Centre provides a number of supports and services including:
- family physicians and medical resources
- basic necessities (i.e. food, hygiene items, condoms)
- Community Kitchen
- on-site high school
- computer access (and resume writing/job search support)
- harm/risk reduction materials
- substance use groups
- pregnancy testing
- parenting support (Visit our Prenatal Program page!)
- anonymous STI testing
- referrals to community resources
- outreach services such as client visits for one-on-one support, court support, accompaniment to other social services, and assistance securing ID documents
The Alex Youth Health Centre is located at 1116 Centre Street NE. We are accessible on the number 2, 3, or 17 bus lines. We’re open Monday – Fridays, 12:00 noon - 6:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact us by phone at 403-520-6270, by text at 403-680-9627, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.